Thursday, March 17, 2011

6 Miles Baby!!

6.1 miles~1:02:58~10:19 pace
Finally got my 6 mile run in. Wish I could find races that start in the evening...I'm so much better after 6pm :) I forgot my knee brace and was quickly reminded around the half mile mark. Wanted to call Scott to deliver it to me but I didn't want to accidentally reset my GPS. So, I suffered. Which means, I put pressure on my other leg and I'm sure that's the next thing that will hurt! Mile one was terrible as usual. I hate mile one. But, it's getting much easier to talk myself through it. I worked alot on my mental game tonight :)...talking myself through the inclines and pain and breathing. I am finally getting the hang of running faster when I feel good and pulling back when I'm getting winded. I didn't take my water and I really needed it. Two of the roads I ran (Johnson and Maryville) are so long and I really hate that. I need lots of new scenery. I need to work on checking my mile pace because I am so used to running by myself that when I get in a crowded race, I can not find any focus and get all messed up. And I definitely can't lose myself in daydreams when I'm running with 12,000 other people! Pacing is going to be a huge thing with the half marathon. 42 days left!!!

No comments: