Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Pat's Run

5.05 miles~56:06~11:06 pace

Me and 12,000+ others joined together to run the annual St. Patricks Day run in downtown STL. It was crazy crowded and I think I was the only person not wearing their "free" shirt...very easy to pick me, in pink, out of a huge mass of green. Anyway, I thought the route was pretty great...lots of inclines, but the downhill runs made it do-able for me. I had to stop at a porta-potty at the water station...something I've never had to do. I even went before the race, but I just couldn't hold it and I knew it would be all I thought about. There was a line of four in front of me, but it went pretty quick. As usual, mile 3.5-5 felt the best..I wish the first few miles weren't so hard for me. I definitely felt like I could go farther and plan on doing a long run (6+ miles) on Tuesday. I registered after the cut-off date and therefore my bib did not have a timing chip in it. I did start my watch as we crossed the starting line and immediately at the finish and it read 56:06. Took me a long time to find my friends after I finished...the place was chaos. And once home, I had to immediately pick up Cate and we headed to Scott's baseball game, so I wasn't able to rest, relax, and stretch. I'm very tired today :)

No comments: