Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday Run

5.6 miles~53:51~9.38 pace

My boys were totally grossed out by my sweat marks!

My first training run report. And it's a good one :) I will just skip all previous run details and start from my last run. This weekends long run was a five mile run. I really wasn't sure I would be able to do it. I've had some terrible pain in my legs the last few weeks. Started in my thigh, moved to my hamstrings, then settled in my calves. After my 5k race last weekend, I could barely walk. I took a few days off and thankfully I've had very little pain this week. All the stars aligned and I was able to go for my run around 6:30pm...a few hours earlier than normal. Rather than run my regular neighborhood loop, I decided to venture out. I didn't have an exact route planned, I just figured I would decide as I went. I couldn't believe how great I felt through the first 2.5 miles. I then chose a path that would take me far from my house and I knew if I was running on roads heavy with traffic that I would be too vain to walk! And I was right. No way would I be caught walking :) When I got back to the corner of my street, I was at 4.83 so I decided to take the long way home and ended back at my house at 5.6 miles. I still felt great and felt like I could have gone longer, but didn't want to push it. I came home and immediately jumped in my first ice bath. I was so sweaty and hot that it wasn't hard for me to plop my butt right in. Once in though, I thought my heart was going to stop. However, it worked just like everyone said and I've had zero soreness.

No comments: